Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie


By popular demand here is my "basic" chocolate banana protein smoothie....but first I do want to wish all the mommy's out there a very Happy (and belated) Mother's Day!!  I hope you all had a fabulous day.   
                                                                                       

I had a wonderful weekend with my little sous chefs.  They are my inspiration and motivation for most of what you see on this blog.  These two rock my world (and spin it out of control too)...and I am very lucky to be their mommy!

OK,  back to the smoothie.  I make this at least 3 times a week.  It is so quick and easy to make...perfect for busy mornings, when you don't have time for a full meal or after a workout.  If you have a fridge/freezer and a blender you can whip this up in about 2 minutes.  

It's low in fat, high in protein,natural, filling and yummy! 


A quick note about whey protein, a lot of folks are very particular about what brand they use but for me the generic grocery store brand works just fine and saves some $$.



Ingredients:
1 banana (frozen preferably)
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup 1% milk or skim plus milk (may also use soy or almond milk)
2 Tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder (such as Hershey's)
4-6 ice cubes

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well until frothy.  Serve immediately.

Cal: 299  Carbs: 45  Fat: 5  Protein:29  Sodium: 156



Source:  Chef Mommy Original


3 comments:

  1. found your blog through a recipe posted on Pinterest. I am so glad I found it! All of your recipes are so wonderful! I am going to pin all of them!

    Are you on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious. It is so nice when things that actually taste good are good for you as well. I'm new to your blog, but I will be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I make a smoothie that's really similar to this where you use 8 oz. of water instead of milk and add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter.... It feels really decadent & filling! I usually add some crushed ice also. I'm going to try your recipe too for variation :)

    ReplyDelete